Monday, June 1, 2020

256: 2020

It's 2020! But all our expectations of how the year would be are totally off. We thought we would have flying car at least, but in reality, even airplanes cannot fly. I, on the other hand, am very thankful with the situation I am in. I'm trying to be positive here, because things seem so bleak, we still cannot fathom the seriousness of this virus situation although we are 3 months in our restrictive movement order.

Anyway, like I said, I am grateful that I am home with my family. I am thankful for still having a paid job. I am thankful my parents and in-laws are still within reach. I am eternally grateful that my husband is always by my side. I am thankful that my children are all home, healthy, within my sights. The biggest of our worries is going out, so the solution is just to stay home. And home, with abundance of food, internet connection, vast living hall for the kids to play and run around, a yard compound so we can go outside once in a while ... 

... why won't I feel blessed to stay home? while others don't have any choices because they are frontliners, or because they've been sacked so they need to do odd jobs 24/7, or their house is so crammed with dozens people but only 2 bedrooms, one phone to be shared with the whole family for online learning? and many other unfortunate circumstances that I am so grateful to Allah I don't have to endure.

And with that of course we who are advantageous should do what we can to help. What we have in hand is never ours. What we give out to others, that is our real inheritance that can help us in the hereafter.

I guess that's it for now, after long years of hiatus! I never forget the good feel of blogging, I need to start again. I miss the innocence of it, the 'quietness' ,unlike the social media, if you know what I mean.

No comments: