Wednesday, September 9, 2020

259: Mind-blown

When was the last time you had your mind blown? 

For me, it was just now, while reading a comment on facebook, one of the commentor put a gif of a spiralling model of our solar system. It was the first time of me seeing that model being simulated. I was mind-blown! 

I quickly headed to YouTube to searched the full video. Again, I was so mesmerized at how beautiful it was, the realization and the fact of how it makes such total sense, I felt like crying.

As a physics major who loves astrophysics (i chose astrophysics subjects until my final year during undergrad), this thing blows my mind. I mean, I know for a fact that our solar system moves around the galaxy, orbiting it, and the galaxy also moves in orbit around super cluster, and everything moves so rapidly as well because the universe is expanding, but when I saw the movement being simulated so beautifully and it create a helix, a vortex design looking like the dna double helix model, I was mind blown! 

It's beautiful, the theory and the simulation, and if you imagine it, that's what currently happening right now at this very moment, while we are living our mundane life right now, being oblivious at such beautiful grand design that is happening! The earth, the sun, the solar system, the galaxy, and everything, are dancing... So magnificently thru the expansion of the vast universe.

Subhanallah ...

Then I paused, and I thought about how I miss this feeling. Of being knocked to my senses by the knowledge, and how it relates with life. I miss the feeling .. I want to feel it again. 

Further study? 

No comments: