Tuesday, October 5, 2021

263: When reality hits

Our dear uncle passed away yesterday, after a week of being intubated. His lung was beyond repaired. Covid got real. Covid got real for us.

I haven't cried this hard since forever.

My husband and I had our share of covid experience last august. During that time, it tested mostly our mental and emotional strength. There was so many 'what-if's and worries. Would our experience be mild, or would we end up in the hospital, intubated? dead?

It was such huge relief when our symptoms subsided after a week.

So when my aunt started to contact me I was very positive that everything would be alright. I shared our experience. I said to her we need to be strong emotionally because that really affects the symptoms as well. I mean, you would be confused, the heavy feeling in your chest, was it covid, or was it anxiety?

We are all humans with hopes and dreams. We hope all these covid crap passes quickly, we want to lead a normal life. But imagine being that hopeful, oh everything will pass. Everything will be back to normal again after this. Family can gather again. We can meet and talk again, hug again, like two years ago. We can visit each other again. 

But no, my uncle is gone, now. 

We live relatively near to each other. So never it occured to us, the last time we met, was the last time. It was a quick hi and bye, due to covid SOP. We thought we were being careful. Of course we need to be careful. So we just exchanged quick greetings and hope for the future of no covid when we could gather and talk freely again without SOP.

But no, he's gone, now.

......


Allahumma firghlahu warhamhu ...

No comments: